Mizzou Frat Goes Up In Smoke

Update: It appears that it was actually a hookah that started the fire, which would help explain the charcoal claim. The University of Missouri's student newspaper has the scoop.

This just in from the AP via the Kansas City Star:

COLUMBIA | Fire investigators are blaming an unattended bong for a fire at the Sigma Chi fraternity at the University of Missouri-Columbia. No one was hurt. But Sunday night's fire occurred on the same floor where a student died in a 1999 blaze.

Battalion Fire Chief Steve Sapp says police confiscated the bong and took samples to determine whether it was used for drugs. Fraternity president Daniel Patterson says a small piece of charcoal left on a windowsill, not a bong, started the fire.

Sigma Chi is the same frat that Brad Pitt joined when he was an undergrad at Mizzou. Maybe these guys were re-enacting their famous alum's scene (below) from True Romance when things went horribly wrong.



Advertisement

My Voice Nation Help
0 comments

Now Trending

St. Louis Concert Tickets

From the Vault

 

General

Loading...