Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining of Mildly Hopeful Economic Indicators
|Is it a bull, or a bear?|
The Bad News?
- Missouri lost 6,400 non-farm payroll jobs in February.
- About a quarter million Missourians were jobless last month.
- Our unemployment rate inched up from 8.1 in January to 8.3 in February.
- Our unemployment rate is above the national average.
The Mildly Good News?
- Sure, we lost 6,400 non-farm payroll jobs last month, but we were losing an average of 11,500 per month in November, December and January. So we're losing fewer jobs. Do I smell a rally?....Is it possible to smell a rally?
- Missouri's unemployment rate did see an uptick of two-tenths of a percentage point. But that uptick was "far less" than that of the previous month, the press release says.
The Moral of this Story?
- It could be worse...actually, it already has been worse.