Vote for Daily RFT's "Ass Clown of the Week"
|Quite literally, an ass clown.|
Each week you (the reader) and I will nominate a few lucky individuals for Daily RFT's coveted "Ass Clown of the Week" award. What's an ass clown, you ask? Urban Dictionary provides a long list of definitions, but the two most popular meanings are...
ass clown (Ãis kloun); noun
1. one, who, through the fault of his parents' conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear;
2. one whose stupidity and/or ineptitude exceeds the descriptive potential of both the terms ass and clown in isolation, and in so doing demands to be referred to as the conjugate of the two.
Since I didn't have time to solicit you for this week's nominations, I've come up with a list of my own ass clowns pulled from the news in and around St. Louis. Continue reading to see all the nominees and cast your vote. And, be sure to return tomorrow to check the results!
1. Robert Williams -- The former owner of Club TV on Washington Ave. was charged this week with taking $100,000 worth of fixtures from his landlord and moving the stolen goods to his new club in East St. Louis. While investigating that crime, police followed a "strong odor" in Williams' new club only to find eleven duffel bags stuffed with 419 pounds of "what appeared to be marijuana."
2. St. Louis City -- For issuing an arrest warrant against a Webster Groves grandma who the city claims failed to pay a traffic ticket -- 12 years ago.
3. Jessie James Hogan -- Irrepressible dipsomaniac convicted last week of his eighth DUI. In his defense, Hogan wrote to the judge: "I admits I have a problem with alcohol and drugs but I haven't been able to receive the necessary treatment I need to rehab me."
4. Me -- Chad Garrison. (Just to show that no one is above ridicule.) While I haven't been called an "ass clown" this week, I have been called plenty of other names. My blog post poking fun at George Clooney gawkers earned me at least one "asshole." And my post on Nazis and tea parties generated mounds of scorn. My favorite being: "Chad Garrison is a useless liberal tool."
Okay, so there you have it. Please vote only once and feel free to expound on your vote -- or nominate your own ass clown -- in the Comments thread below. Talk at you tomorrow with the results.