Collinsville In Search of This Year's Princess Tomato and Sir Catsup
Organizers are rounding up applicants for this year's Princess Tomato and Sir Catsup competition.
Think you got what it takes? Read the regulations in the press release after the jump. Contestants receive all the catsup (not ketchup!) they can eat, and the winner gets a sash, trophy and a genuine U.S. savings bond.
You can't beat that. Not even with catsup on top.
June 8, 2009
Contact: Angie Abernathy, Coordinator
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTESTANTS NEEDED FOR PRINCESS TOMATO AND SIR CATSUP CONTEST
Entry deadline is July 3, 2009
The 11th annual World's Largest Catsup Bottle Festival will be held Sunday, July 12, and contestants are needed for the GSC Frederal Credit Union Princess Tomato and Sir Catsup Contest. The deadline to enter the contest is Friday, July 3, 2009. All contestants must be between the ages of 3 and 6 years old on Sunday July 12, 2009.
The contest will be held at 11:30 a.m. on the Big Tomato Main Stage during the World's Largest Catsup Bottle Festival at the American Legion Post 365 in Collinsville, Illinois.
Participants should appear on the day of the pageant in summer clothes and keep the thoughts of ketchup, classic cars, summer fun, and the Catsup Bottle birthday party in mind. Each child will be interviewed and asked to perform on stage. They will need to state their name, age, answer a simple question or two, and recite their own Catsup Bottle fun fact. There will also be a talent demonstration such as singing, dancing, a magic trick, etc. There is a $20 entry fee. Everyone must be pre-registered. There will be NO registration the day of the event.
- ALL contestants will receive a goody gift bag and a bottle of Brooks ketchup
- Finalists will also receive a contest participation medal
- 1st and 2nd Runners Up will receive a trophy, flowers, and a $50 savings bond
- Princess Tomato and Sir Catsup will receive a crown, a sash, a trophy, flowers, and a $100 savings bond
There are three ways to get more information and entry forms for the GCS Federal Credit Union Princess Tomato and Sir Catsup Contest:
- Log on to www.catsupbottlefestival.com
- Email pageant coordinator Angie Abernathy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call pageant coordinator Angie Abernathy at 618/344-7986