Lee Enterprises to Post-Dispatch Employees: We Need A Big Pay Cut
The current contract expires this coming weekend.
Updates on the Guild website show that Lee wants P-D staffers to agree to a 23 percent pay cut that would take place over the next three years (15 percent the first year, 5 percent each of the following two years).
Lee also wants to scratch paid maternity leave; the 401-K match; company cars for photographers, and health care and life insurance for retirees.
Last week the Guild voted to accept a second week of furlough for this year, as long as Lee does not lay off anyone during the contract negotiations.
See the full list of Lee's demands after the jump.
· Cutting unpaid maternity leave in half, to 12 weeks maximum
· Eliminating retiree medical
· Eliminating retiree life insurance
· Eliminating 401-K match
· Freezing Pulitzer Pension Plan
· Increasing employee share of medical premiums to 30% from 25%
· Eliminating the Pulitzer PPO medical plan
· Eliminating a set guaranteed base for commission sales reps
· Requiring outside sales reps to work unlimited unpaid overtime
· Eliminating company vehicles for photographers
· Eliminating shares of reprints for photographers
· The right to fire employees on sick leave after three months of absence. The contract now allows 18 months.