St. Louis Police Dismantle North City Drug Ring; 15 Members of Gang Indicted
The investigation focused on gang-related drug activity in the Jeff Vander Lou area (see map below) of north St. Louis.
View Jeff Vander Lou Neighborhood in a larger map
According to the U.S. Attorney, the plot encompassed distribution of more than five kilos of cocaine and 50 grams of crack cocaine. Included in the indictment is the Chicago drug source for the organization.
Authorities say the sweep led to another 25 people charged in federal and state court for participating in the conspiracy. A total of 19 firearms and more than $640,000 in cash was confiscated in the bust and some $1.5 million in currency, autos and jewelry is subject to forfeiture if the gang is convicted.
The names (and colorful pseudonyms) of some of those indicted include:
- JERRY McCOMB, a/k/a Slim, 36; Dellwood, MO;
- SERGIO RAMOS, a/k/a Dirty, 28, Rockford, IL;
- YOUREE HALL, a/k/a Yellow, and Yellow Boy, 38, Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO;
- DANIEL WILLIAMS, a/k/a Skan, 27, St. Louis City;
- MARLON GORDON, 37, St. Louis City;
- KEVIN CARPENTER, 41, St. Louis City;
- DEMECO MOORE, a/k/a DU, 30, St. Louis City;
- KATRON SANDFORD, a/k/a K.K., 30, St. Louis City;
- CORTEZ BUCKNER, a/k/a Tez, 24, St. Louis City;
- MAURICE SANDFORD, a/k/a Bug, 31, St. Louis City;
- CHARLES BOYD, 55, St. Louis City;
- JOHNNY RICKS, 33, St. Louis City;
- GUY GOOLSBY, a/k/a Shade, and Ricochet, 29, St. Louis City;
- WARREN WHITEHEAD, 43, St. Louis City; and
- TYRICE GOOLSBY, 32, St. Louis City.
St. Louis Police Chief Dan Isom commended the work of his Violent Offenders Unit for the arrests. Since its formation in January to battle gangs, the unit has presented 75 cases to federal prosecutors and cleared dozens of guns from the street.