Happy "Cloggiest Day of the Year" From Roto-Rooter
It's true. Don't believe us, check out the press release after the jump.
Roto-Rooter Prepares for the "Cloggiest" Day of the Year
The day after Thanksgiving is the single busiest day of the year for Roto-Rooter's residential plumbers. Big holiday meal preparation and cleanup mean lots of grease and food go down the kitchen drain into the garbage disposal. Holiday guests require additional clothes washing, showers and toilet flushes, all of which put a strain on household plumbing.
Often, a house already has partially clogged drains that aren't noticeable until holiday guests arrive and overwhelm the system and virtually every traditional Thanksgiving dish is an ideal clog culprit if it goes down the drain.
Incoming calls to Roto-Rooter, mostly for kitchen plumbing jobs, will jump 50% over an average Friday. The four-day Thanksgiving weekend represents a 21% increase over any other Thursday through Sunday period of the year. But we at Roto-Rooter will have enough plumbers on duty to handle the extra demand.
By following these recommendations, Thanksgiving hosts can avoid a visit from their plumber over the holiday weekend:
If you need a plumber, call before the holiday to avoid delays and holiday service charges. While our company-owned locations no longer charge extra for nights, weekends or holidays, this is not always the case with some independent Roto-Rooter franchises. I'm pretty sure that's why we get fewer calls on Thanksgiving Day but we get slammed the very next day. Either way, we'll be available for any emergency service as your 24 hour plumbing company.
- Never pour fats or cooking oils down drains. They solidify in pipes. Instead, wipe grease from pots with paper towels and throw in trash.
- No stringy, fibrous or starchy waste in the garbage disposal (poultry skins, celery, fruit & potato peels). Disposals can't sufficiently grind these items.
- Make sure the disposal is running when you put food into it. Don't wait until it's full to turn it on.
- Wait ten minutes between showers so slow drains have time to do their job.
- Never flush cotton balls, swabs, hair or facial scrub pads down a toilet. They don't dissolve and they cause clogs.
If you need us and want to schedule service on-line, click here to be taken to our on line scheduling system.