Ass Clown of the Week: Who's the First Moron of 2010?
That said, it's time to vote on the year's first crop of Ass Clowns. Choose the local news-maker below who you think brought the most shame and disgrace to their name this week. And please, one vote per person. We don't want another debacle like our recent Ass Clown of the Year vote. (Yeah, we're talking to you commenter, "Kracker".)
And the candidates (insert drum roll here)...
1. Rev. Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church: The fire-and-brimstone preacher from Kansas was supposed to bring his "God Hates Fags" message to Thursday's Lady Gaga concert at Fox Theatre, but he got cold feet yesterday on account of the snow.
2. T.D. El-Amin: The former state representative was sentenced to 18 months in prison this week for demanding and accepting a bribe. Following the sentencing, the prosecutor made public photos of El-Amin caught in the act.
3. Buddy Stanley: The Marion County, Illinois, resident recently filed suit against Barnes-Jewish Hospital claiming he was severely injured after tripping over a Q-tip (albeit one of those nasty wooden kind) at the hospital.
4. Raymond Martin and Family: The former sheriff of Gallatin County, Illinois, made news this week for allegedly orchestrating a murder-for-hire plot with the help of his wife and son. Martin has been in jail since May when he was charged with trafficking marijuana in his southern Illinois county.
5. Injured Rams Fans: Two men were hurt -- one hospitalized -- when they fell over a railing Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome. The men were reportedly scrambling over a used shoe that a Rams player tossed to the crowd following the team wrapping up its woeful 1-15 season.
Continue on to cast your vote!