Ass Clown of the Week: Political Edition
|This week's clowns show their stripes.|
Wish we could say the same of our elected officials. When it comes to questionable behavior, Missouri and Illinois politicos this week were hellbent on outdoing each other. That's why we're pleased to present to you the first-ever, all-political edition of Ass Clown of the Week.
See the candidates and elect your favorite after the jump. 'Cause as you know: It's your doodie to vote for Ass Clown!
1. Gary Nodler: The state senator (R - Joplin) who this week threw his weight behind keeping non-closeted homosexuals out of the U.S. military because he doesn't want to offend Muslims in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
2. Dick Gephardt: The former Missouri Congressman re-emerged this week when it was revealed he's now a lobbyist for an online gaming company that paid him $300,000 for four months worth of work last year.
3. Eric Schmitt: The state senator (R - Glendale) ground the General Assembly to a halt this week when he brought up for debate two non-binding resolutions regarding federal policy out of his -- and the Missouri Senate's -- control. One of the resolutions -- debated for two hours -- would have the Missouri attorney general sue the federal government if heath care reform is enacted.
4. Scott Cohen: The man elected last week as the Democratic candidate for Illinois lieutenant governor unceremoniously bowed out of the race on Sunday over allegations he had once threatened his former live-in girlfriend -- a convicted prostitute -- with a knife.
5. Matt Bartle: Another state senator (R - Kansas City), Bartle is championing a bill that would effectively drive Missouri strip clubs out of business by banning nudity and alcohol sales. The bill received initial approval this week.