Your Weekly St. Louis Bestseller List
Here's your weekly St. Louis bestseller list for the week ending May 22, as compiled by the St. Louis Independent Booksellers Alliance and based on sales at Left Bank Books, Main Street Books, Pudd'nhead Books, Subterranean Books and Sue's News.
The perfect Memorial Day gift for your favorite vet!
It's impossible to keep a Navy Seal down. After a brief absence from the bestseller list last week, St. Louisan Eric Greitens' memoir The Heart and the Fist returned at number two, just in time for Memorial Day.
Also just in time for Memorial Day, Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base by Annie Jacobsen made its debut on the bestseller list at number 7. Curiously, its jacket copy does not contain the phrase "little green men."
Full lists after the jump.
1. Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
2. The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy Seal by Eric Greitens
3. I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Steve Earle
4. Stan Musial: An American Life by George Vecsey
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
6. Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle
7. Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base by Annie Jacobsen
8. Make, Take, Murder by Joanna Slan
9. Groping Toward Democracy by Priscilla White-Dowden
10. Tangled Webs by James B. Stewart
1. Throne of Fire: The Kane Chronicles, Book 2 by Rick Riordan
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
4. Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink by Victoria Kann
5. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
6. Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad
7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
8. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
9. Peek-A-Who? By Nina Laden
10. Dragonbreath by Ursula Vernon