Your Weekly St. Louis Bestseller List
Here's your weekly St. Louis bestseller list for the week ending May 29, as compiled by the St. Louis Independent Booksellers Alliance and based on sales at Left Bank Books, Main Street Books, Pudd'nhead Books, Subterranean Books and Sue's News.
Look, Dad, you actually can get ahead in life if you have stupid-looking hair.
Heads up: Father's Day is June 19, just two short weeks away. If you need some ideas about what to get dear old dad, take a look at this week's bestseller list, with its proliferation of dad-centric titles: Eric Greitens' Navy Seal memoir The Heart and the Fist, Steve Earle's novel I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive, Erik Larson's World War II history In the Garden of Beasts, James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales' oral history Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN (just to remind pops that some other folks get paid obscene amounts of money to bullshit about sports -- it's a gift sure to make him cry) and, of course, Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It which is sure to be off the hook.
St. Louis authors Elaine Viets and Antony John make their debuts on the list this week, Viets with her latest mystery Pumped for Murder (set in Fort Lauderdale, alas) and John with his YA novel Five Flavors of Dumb.
Full lists after the jump:
1. Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
2. The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy Seal by Eric Greitens
3. Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It by Guy Fieri
4. A Visit from the Good Squad by Jennifer Egan
5. I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive by Steve Earle
6. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
7. Pumped for Murder by Elaine Viets
8. Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN by James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales
9. Room by Emma Donohgue
10. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Throne of Fire: The Kane Chronicles, Book 2 by Rick Riordan
3. Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama
4. Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
6. Otis by Loren Long
7. Fuddles by Frans Vischer
8. Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton
9. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
10. A Sick Day For Amos McGee by Philip Christian Stead