Your Weekly St. Louis Bestseller List
Here's your weekly St. Louis bestseller list for the week ending September 4, as compiled by the St. Louis Independent Booksellers Alliance and based on sales at Left Bank Books, Main Street Books, Pudd'nhead Books, Subterranean Books and Sue's News.
Tell us about that sexy jacket...
This week The Help returned to the top of the bestseller list, vanquishing Little Black Dress by local "accidental cougar" Susan McBride. New to the list is Just My Type by Simon Garfield, which, sadly, has nothing to do with our weekly Bold Types feature; instead it's a book about typefaces. (Not that those can't be as interesting as winsome, scantily-clad female college students.)
Also new to the list is The God Upgrade: Finding Your 21st-Century Spirituality in Judaism's 5,000-Year-Old Tradition by the "Adventure Rabbi" Jamie S. Korngold. Why are we telling you this? Why, because if you accept this God upgrade now, you may have the opportunity to miss a shit-ton of work and/or school over the next month or so! It's true! High Holiday season commences in two short weeks, folks, and here's all the time off you can get: Rosh Hashana (two days), Yom Kippur (one day, a Saturday), the first two days of Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret (one day) and Simchat Torah (one day)! Plus lots of standing and atoning and one full day of fasting!
Caveat: We're pretty sure that's not quite the upgrade the Adventure Rabbi had in mind.
Full lists after the jump.
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2. Little Black Dress by Susan McBride
3. Room by Emma Donoghue
4. Go the Fuck to Sleep by Adam Mansbach and Ricardo Cortés
5. The Light Bringer by Chris DiGiuseppe and Mike Force
6. The False Friend by Myla Goldberg
7. Noir at the Bar edited by Jedidiah Ayres and Scott Phillips
8. The God Upgrade: Finding Your 21st-Century Spirituality in Judaism's 5,000-Year-Old Tradition by Jamie S. Korngold
9. Just My Type: A Book About Fonts by Simon Garfield
10. The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, the Horse That Inspired a Nation by Elizabeth Letts
1. The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
3. Big Nate on a Roll by Lincoln Peirce
4. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
6. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
7. Pinkalicious and the Pink Drink by by Victoria Kann
8. Big Nate In a Class by Himself by Lincoln Peirce
9. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
10. What Was I Scared Of by Dr. Seuss