Newt Gingrich: "When McCaskill Says She Hates Coal, She's Saying She Hates Missourians"
|Newt Gingrich is making the rounds in Missouri this week.|
We have a fresh dispatch from Bullsh*t Mountain this morning, courtesy of Newt Gingrich.
The former Republican Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives is in western Missouri this week, appearing at fundraisers and rallies with Todd Akin in the final days of his campaign.
In the last month of this election, Akin--and Romney--have repeatedly accused their opponents of declaring a "war on coal" with platforms that favor alternative energy sources. On Dana Loesch's show on 97.1 FM yesterday, Gingrich went farther than most and dropped this coal-shell:
"When McCaskill says she hates coal, she's saying she hates Missourians," Gingrich told the conservative talk show host who whole-heartily agreed.
Sure, Gingrich isn't known around town for his moderate approach to rhetoric, much less politics, but seriously? In 2010, Akin's challenger incumbent Claire McCaskill said "I'm no fan of coal, I hate coal" and Akin hasn't missed an opportunity to bring up her remark (though not her tepid record on coal)
I've charted my responses here in GIF form (it's been a long election cycle):
1. That is so f&*%ing dumb, it's not even worth responding to:
2. Newt Gingrich came to Missouri?!:
3. That's absurd!
Newt: You're absurd!
4. Equating a distaste for the coal industry with hating all Missourians?:
5. Engaging with Gingrich, Akin, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, and that sort of radical ilk:
6. Thinking about the last week of this election:
7. Career advice for Newt Gingrich:
Hey Newt, retirement calls!