Your Weekly St. Louis Bestseller List
Here's your weekly St. Louis bestseller list for the week ending October 21, as compiled by the St. Louis Independent Booksellers Alliance and based on sales at Left Bank Books, Main Street Books, Pudd'nhead Books and Subterranean Books.
Jennifer Silverberg Eric Greitens
In an exciting new development in the local book world, readers can now not only read about Eric Greitens, former Navy SEAL, current veteran advocate and St. Louisan (Parkway North!!!) in his memoir, The Heart and the Fist (back at number one on the adult bestseller list) they can learn how to become Eric Greitens!
Many local readers seem to have jumped at the chance to take advantage of this opportunity: Greitens' latest book, The Warrior's Heart: Becoming a Man of Compassion and Courage, is currently the bestselling children's/YA book in St. Louis. Although we are willing to bet that very few of these aspiring men of compassion and courage bought Greitens' book for themselves.
Also back on the list is Tony La Russa's memoir, One Last Strike, which probably now qualifies as comfort reading. And new this week, The Fifty Year Sword, Mark Z. Danielewski's long-awaited follow-up to his cult classic House of Leaves.
1. The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy SEAL by Eric Greitens
2. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
3. One Last Strike: Fifty Years in Baseball, Ten and a Half Games Back, and One Final Championship Season by Tony La Russa
4. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
6. The Fifty Year Sword by Mark Z. Danielewski
7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
8. Break Into Fiction: 11 Steps to Building a Story that Sells by Mary Buckham and Dianna Love
9. America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert
10. The Light Bringer by Chris DiGiuseppi and Mike Force
1. The Warrior's Heart: Becoming a Man of Compassion and Courage by Eric Greitens
2. The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland by Catheryne Valente
3. Heroes of Olympus, Book 3: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
4. Count to Sleep St. Louis by Adam Gamble and Joe Veno
5. Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody by Michael Rex
6. Andrew Drew and Drew by Barney Saltzberg
7. Drama by Raina Telgemeier
8. The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
9. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catheryne Valente
10. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and Anita Jeram