Riverfront Times Seeks News Blogger for Daily RFT
There's no way to hide this. As regular readers will soon notice, our prolific news blogger, Sam Levin, is no longer running the ship at Daily RFT. He's moved on to a new reporting gig in California. [Sniff, sniff.]
The incomparable Sam Levin.
That means two things: 1) Over the next few weeks the staff here at RFT will attempt the impossible and try to keep up the pace of Sam Levin, and 2) We need another Sam Levin. Pronto!
If you think you've got what it takes to be Daily RFT's full-time news blogger (competitive salary, health insurance, 401k, all that), send your clips and resume to RFT editor Chad Garrison with the subject line "news blogger." But before you do, know this: We are looking for a candidate who is first and foremost a reporter -- someone who loves breaking news and picking up the phone to interview the folks involved. (In other words, someone who does more than just aggregate other people's work.)
The ideal candidate will also be a strong writer whose work doesn't require advance copy editing and someone with a Mark-Zuckerberg-like understanding of social media as both a news gathering and promotional tool. Lastly, the news blogger is expected to file six posts a day for a total of 30 a week. If that sounds like a lot of work, it's because it is. But it also can be fun, as evidenced by a few of Sam's best clips on display below. Please take a look at them before applying. They are the kind of posts we want.
- Students Fight to Wear Confederate Flag Shirts
- Senator Brian Nieves Writes Insane E-Mails to Constituent Who Doesn't Want His Newsletters
- Adrienne Martin, Arrested for Torching Dog to Death, Brags on Facebook: "I'm On Killa Mode"
- Cardinals: Why Are There Christian Symbols On The Field At Busch Stadium? (PHOTOS)
- Madelyn Sheaffer, Missouri Woman Kicked Out of Water Park for Bikini, Moves to Hawaii
- Top 10 Reasons Transplants Criticize St. Louis