The Bachelor: 7 Questions Producers Will Ask You At the St. Louis Open Casting Call
The ultimate dating reality shows The Bachelor and The Bachelorette need new contestants for upcoming seasons, so producers are coming to St. Louis to play matchmaker.
YouTube Could this be you?
Both men and women who want to compete for the heart of another while America watches on are invited to the open casting call, from 4 to 8 p.m. on June 27 at the Four Seasons Hotel in St. Louis.
You needn't go to a casting call to apply for the show. Applicants can always send in their forms, headshots and video in the mail or online. But the show's casting website makes it very clear: making a video or showing up in person are the best ways to catch a producer's attention.
ABC/Craig Sjodin Juan Pablo, the bachelor on the eighteenth season of The Bachelor.
"We'd love to meet you in person," producers say on the site. "We want to get a little glimpse of your life."
So once you're inside the Four Seasons, what's it like to apply for The Bachelor? We found a list of questions that producers suggest all potential contestants have solid answers for, and unsurprisingly, they read like a list of questions you'd be asked on a bad first date or during a beauty-pageant interview.
But if you're going to look for love in an unconventional place, you'd better study up. Love is on the line...or at least fifteen minutes of fame and, possibly, a pretty sweet vacation.
Here are the questions from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette's casting website:
1. Introduce yourself, tell us your name, age and what you do for a living. Where do you live? Do you rent/own? Do you have roommates? Do you have pets?
2. Give us a dating history. Have you ever been in love? If no, why not, and if yes, tell us your love story! Or tell us a funny first date story!
3. Describe your ultimate fantasy date! Where would you go, what activity would you do, what would be on the menu for dinner, etc.
4. Tell us about your family - are you close? Do you have siblings?
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Tell us any funny or unusual travel stories you've experienced!
6. What would your hometown date be like? Where would we go and whom would we meet?
(Think hard on this one, St. Louis. We're counting on you. Some ideas: a brewery tour, a behind-the-scenes penguin tour at the Saint Louis Zoo, paddle boats in Forest Park, finding out how Provel is made.)
7. Do you have any special talents? If there is a hobby or activity you like, tell us or show us.