Going to the dentist can be a stressful ordeal: You sit with your mouth open and let a stranger poke and jab around in there for a while, which is kind of gross.
|Melissa Reann Frederick|
But Melissa Reann Frederick never got as far as the chair. During a Monday appointment at St. Charles Dental, police say the 32-year-old St. Charles resident triggered the fire-suppression system while taking a bathroom break.
According to a probable-cause report, Frederick's explanation of her "accident" was, well, very improbable.
Frederick told police she'd accidentally lit a napkin on fire while trying to light the tip of her eye liner pencil, and the sprinklers went off after she dropped the burning napkin in the sink.
The ensuing water damage to the office's drywall, carpet and electronic systems totals more than $10,000, according to court documents. More »