"We had no idea she was using any drugs," Gee tells Daily RFT.
Nicky had overdosed on heroin. Doctors pointed to track marks on her arm.
"That was the beginning of what I would call the fight of our life," Gee says.
It's a fight that her family lost, despite their best efforts to help their daughter. On January 3, 2013, Nicky, at age twenty, overdosed again, and this time, she did not recover. Now, Gee is trying to raise awareness about the growing problem of what she says is "the silent killer" that's destroying families and communities across the country.More »