The Highest Grossing Independent Restaurants 2007
Restaurants & Institutions magazine has released its annual list of the 100 highest grossing independent restaurants in the U.S.. Unsurprisingly, no St. Louis restaurants made it. Also unsurprisingly, New York, Las Vegas and Chicago dominate. Steak houses, too. After the jump, the top ten.
1. Tao (Las Vegas) $66.6 million
2. Tavern on the Green (NYC) $37.6 million
3. Joe's Stone Crab (Miami Beach) $29.6 million
4. Smith & Wollensky (NYC) $28.7 million
5. Tao (NYC) $26.8 million
6. Old Ebbitt Grill (D.C.) $22.8 million
7. Gibsons Bar Steakhouse (Chicago) $20.8 million
8. Fulton's Crab House (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.) $20.6 million
9. SW Steakhouse (Las Vegas) $20.5 million
10. Bob Chinn's Crab House (Wheeling, IL) $20.4 million
Clearly, "independent" doesn't mean one and only one location.