16 Cardinal Sins Food Bloggers Commit
|If he were a food blogger, all the entries would be about 'triple chicken nibbler Jack Daniel's poppers at Fridays'|
With that in mind, and inspired by this story posted on Eater recently, we thought it might be fun to put together a light list of Food Blogging Sins to poke fun at those of us who take pictures of everything we eat. Or drink. Or just see on a menu.
(Why 16? Because we had to whittle the number down from 37. Don't know why we ended up with 37, though.)
Since we're turning up the religiosity in this post, feel free to get Biblical after reading each of the below "sins" aloud, by striking this lightning bolt sound effect button.
15. Stealing a menu to add to your vain collection.
14. Neglecting to say if you ate a free meal.
13. Never admitting to occasionally eating utter garbage.
12. Giving away your grandmother's recipe to gooey butter cake, lasagna or Korean barbecue chicken wings.
11. Tweeting during dinner.
10. Using your cell phone pics on your blog.
8. Referring to yourself as a food blogger.
7. Ingredient worship. Like this spring's ramp insanity around.... Ramps. (a kind of green onion.)
6. Food bloggers whose only points of reference are other food bloggers.
5. Referring to famous chefs by first name. Especially if they are dead.
4. Being an "expert" on one thing automatically making you an expert on all tangentially related topics. (See: wine & food pairings.)
3. Excessive fetishizing of any one food object. (OMG BACON)
2. Excessive use of exclamation points!!!!!!!
1. Taking yourself too seriously.