Starbucks' Peeping Tom Problem and Five Other Things We Don't Want to Find in a Public Restroom
A plumber tasked with fixing pipes in the men's restroom found the cell phone-sized camera. He turned it over to Starbucks employees, who called the police. The phone was traced back to 51-year-old Paul Deveau, who was arraigned on twelve counts of voyeurism.
Cameras were also found in Starbucks bathrooms in Florida and California this summer.
Bathroom cameras are creepy enough, but there are definitely some other food- and drink-related items we'd never want to find in a Starbucks bathroom.
5. Bathroom Bistro Boxes: The USDA already recalled more than 7,000 pounds of ready-to-eat meat from Starbucks to-go lunches because of possible listeria contamination. We don't want to add bathroom germs to the mix.
4. Bathroom Double Chocolate Brownie: No, we're not talking about a Starbucks bakery treat. You can add to this item hot chocolate and any other chocolate item Starbucks sells.
3. Bathroom Espresso Maker: If you can't use the john without a shot of espresso, you have a serious caffeine addiction. Drinks should always be brewed in the kitchen, not on top of the toilet.
2. Bathroom Egg Salad Sandwich: After poring over the Starbucks menu, we seriously cannot think of a grosser food to consume in a public restroom.
1. Bathroom Whoopie Pie: This is also the name of a Starbucks bakery menu item, but whoopie? Isn't that what your parents called it back in the day? There are few things more awkward than walking in on someone having public restroom sex. And in the off chance you find a whoopie pie in a Starbucks bathroom, we don't recommend eating it.