Firefighters responded early this morning to Mathew's Kitchen (5625 Hampton Avenue; 314-351-1700)
, a new restaurant in the St. Louis Hills neighborhood of south city, according to multiple media reports.
that the cause of the fire was towels left in a dryer overnight. Both KMOV and KSDK report
that there were no injuries, and that firefighters contained the blaze quickly.
No word on damages yet. I have a call into owner and chef Mathew Unger
. More as I learn it.
5625 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO