"Killer" Curry Contest Sends Two to Hospital

Categories: WTF?
chile1005.jpg
Image via
The eating-challenge carnage continues. Last month, we heard of a Ukrainian man who won a dumpling-eating contest and then immediately dropped dead. Now from Scotland comes news that a curry-eating contest sent two contestants to the hospital.

Kismot, an Indian and Bangladeshi restaurant in Edinburgh, serves the "Kismot Killer," a curry made, its website claims, from "the world's hottest chillies according to the Guinness Book of Records."

This past weekend, the restaurant hosted an eating competition featuring its fearsome "Kismot Killer," and two contestants were in such pain that they had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital.

An American contestant, who finished in second place, compared the pain to "being chainsawed in the stomach with hot sauce on the chainsaw."
"I was in so much pain I wasn't aware of what was going on around me and when I got to hospital they gave me medicine for the indigestion.

"I don't think the restaurant should do it any more as I think there are a lot less painful ways to raise money for charity."
Yes, it's the restaurant's fault that you willingly entered a contest featuring the world's (reputed) hottest chiles and then felt ill. You even signed a disclaimer, yet, still, the restaurant is wrong.

Here are a couple videos of people trying the "Kismot Killer."


Sponsor Content

My Voice Nation Help
3 comments
Canwemeetsoon
Canwemeetsoon

Hours of pain after a curry, simply aint worth it. The first aiders must have been horrified to deal with such a situation. I think the fact that they acted so fast by getting the ambulance's and getting these people to a hospital helped prevent the curry from become the killer. The bill for all the ambulance's, Red Cross first aid people and NHS treatment should now be sent to the Kismot! Absurd that such an act of stupidity could be allowed!

Now Trending

From the Vault

 

Loading...