St. Louis Wins World Series, Barbecue, Dr Pepper, "Irish" Nachos, More
|Nolan Ryan wouldn't have smiled so broadly if he'd known how this World Series would end.|
- from Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck: food from Marquez Bakery, Nolan Ryan Steaks, Olenjack's Grille and Spring Creek Barbeque
- from the Arlington City Council: J. Gilligan's "Irish" nachos, fajitas from El Gabacho Mexican Restaurant, a triple chocolate cake from Ventana Grille, baklava from Prince Lebanese Grill and "Pumpkin Spice Root Beer" from Twisted Root Burger Company
"Irish" nachos are just loaded fries, if you're wondering. Oh, but there's more.
- from Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings: charity in the form of a $1,000 fellowship to honor someone for his or her community service
- from Texas Governor Rick Perry, in a bet with Governor Nixon:
- from U.S. Rep. Joe Barton, who represents the Arlington are, in a wager with Rep. Lacy Clay: more barbecue from Spring Creek and a case of Lone Star beer
- from the Diocese of Fort Worth, in a bet with the Diocese of St. Louis: barbecue and a Stetson hat
(Seriously, a Stetson hat.)
- the director of the Dallas Zoo, having lost to the Saint Louis Zoo, will shovel 1,000 pounds of elephant crap while wearing a Cardinals jersey (also known as "Pulling a Rasmus")
We hope the politicians enjoy all those goodies. And, Governor Nixon, if you wouldn't mind setting aside some of that Salt Lick barbecue, we can make it to Jefferson City in time for a late dinner.