Tidbits: Mia Sorella, Capitalist Pig, Abby's Shell Corner Cafe
- Marcella's Mia Sorella, the sister restaurant of brothers Steve and Jamie Komorek's acclaimed Trattoria Marcella (3600 Watson Road; 314-352-7706), opened this week at 14426 Clayton Road in Ballwin.
Emily Wasserman Steve Komorek of Trattoria Marcella and its new sibling restaurant, Marcella's Mia Sorella
For now the restaurant is open from 5-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Look for lunch service to begin in a few weeks.
- "Trattoria Marcella Announces Second Location"
- Chef's Choice Profile: Steve Komorek of Trattoria Marcella
- Chef's Choice Profile: Steve Komorek of Trattoria Marcella, Part 2
- Chef's Choice Recipe: Steve Komorek of Trattoria Marcella, Meatballs with Creamy Polenta
- We told you in June that Ron Buechele, owner of Mad Art Gallery (2727 South 12th Street; 314-771-8230) in Soulard, planned to open a barbecue joint called Capitalist Pig at the gallery. From Capitalist Pig's Facebook page (via Feast) comes word that the restaurant will open on Wednesday, October 10, at 11 a.m.
- Ligaya Figueras of Sauce reports that Abby's Shell Corner Cafe is now open at 1221 Locust Street, inside the same building as Sen Thai Asian Bistro (1221 Locust Street; 314-436-3456). The cafe is open from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday serving breakfast, sandwiches and, beginning next week, a few Filipino dishes.