Your Pick for St. Louis' Most Overrated Pizza Is...
1) Of course Imo's is overrated. St. Louis-style pizza is terrible, so by definition the fact that it's popular at all means it is overrated.
2) This poll is a sham. Imo's shouldn't have been included in the first place. It's not overrated or underrated. It's just a fact of St. Louis life. Newer, trendier, hipper, etc. places are what we should mean by "overrated".
3) Gut Check sucks. You guys hate Provel and just did this to have another excuse to slag Imo's.
We welcome alternate theories in the comments. Also welcome in the comments: Your suggestions for what Underrated/Overrated category we should cover next. (See below for the ground we've already covered.)
The Gut Check Underrated/Overrated Hall of Fame
- Most Underrated Burger: Dressel's (419 North Euclid Avenue; 314-361-1060)
- Most Overrated Burger: Five Guys Burgers and Fries (multiple locations)
- Most Underrated Italian Restaurant: Filomena's Italian Kitchen (9900 Manchester Road, Glendale; 314-961-9909)
- Most Overrated Italian Restaurant: Rigazzi's (4945 Daggett Avenue; 314-772-4900)
- Most Underrated Pizza: Felix's (6335 Clayton Avenue; 314-645-6565)
921 S. Arbor Vitae, Edwardsville, IL