What Is St. Louis' Most Underrated Barbecue?
Here is a category ripe for nominations.
We know the big names: Pappy's Smokehouse (3106 Olive Street; 314-535-4340) and Bogart's Smokehouse (1627 South Ninth Street; 314-621-3107) , which between them have won the last five RFT "Best Barbecue" awards.
We of course know barbecue legend Mike Mills' 17th Street Bar & Grill (1711 West Highway 50, O'Fallon, Illinois; 618-622-1717).
Who don't we know? Who have we forgotten?
You know the drill. Leave your nomination for St. Louis' most underrated barbecue joint in the comments. The more compelling and/or clever your argument for why the spot is underrated, the better.
We'll choose the most promising nominees and put it to a vote next week.
Nominations are open through noon on Friday.
The Gut Check Underrated/Overrated Hall of Fame
- Most Underrated Burger: Dressel's (419 North Euclid Avenue; 314-361-1060)
- Most Overrated Burger: Five Guys Burgers and Fries (multiple locations)
- Most Underrated Italian Restaurant: Filomena's Italian Kitchen (9900 Manchester Road, Glendale; 314-961-9909)
- Most Overrated Italian Restaurant: Rigazzi's (4945 Daggett Avenue; 314-772-4900)
- Most Underrated Pizza: Felix's (6335 Clayton Avenue; 314-645-6565)
- Most Overrated Pizza: Imo's Pizza (multiple locations)
- Most Underrated Fried Chicken: King Edwards Fried Chicken (multiple locations)