What Is St. Louis' Most Underrated Barbecue?
Here is a category ripe for nominations.
We know the big names: Pappy's Smokehouse (3106 Olive Street; 314-535-4340) and Bogart's Smokehouse (1627 South Ninth Street; 314-621-3107) , which between them have won the last five RFT "Best Barbecue" awards.
We of course know barbecue legend Mike Mills' 17th Street Bar & Grill (1711 West Highway 50, O'Fallon, Illinois; 618-622-1717).
Who don't we know? Who have we forgotten?
You know the drill. Leave your nomination for St. Louis' most underrated barbecue joint in the comments. The more compelling and/or clever your argument for why the spot is underrated, the better.
We'll choose the most promising nominees and put it to a vote next week.
Nominations are open through noon on Friday.
The Gut Check Underrated/Overrated Hall of Fame
- Most Underrated Burger: Dressel's (419 North Euclid Avenue; 314-361-1060)
- Most Overrated Burger: Five Guys Burgers and Fries (multiple locations)
- Most Underrated Italian Restaurant: Filomena's Italian Kitchen (9900 Manchester Road, Glendale; 314-961-9909)
- Most Overrated Italian Restaurant: Rigazzi's (4945 Daggett Avenue; 314-772-4900)
- Most Underrated Pizza: Felix's (6335 Clayton Avenue; 314-645-6565)
- Most Overrated Pizza: Imo's Pizza (multiple locations)
- Most Underrated Fried Chicken: King Edwards Fried Chicken (multiple locations)
1627 S. 9th St., St. Louis, MO
1711 W. Highway 50, O'Fallon, IL
1200 S. Main St., St Charles, MO
9200 Olive Blvd., Olivette, MO