It's Not Delivery, It's Plastic Fragments: DiGiorno, California Pizza Kitchen Pizzas Recalled
Gut Check was just talking to ourselves the other day: "Self," we said, "it's been a while since we reported on any foods being recalled because of plastic contamination."
So we ambled on over (virtually speaking) to the FDA's recall, withdrawal and safety alert website and, lo and behold!, there's plastic in the frozen pizzas!
Nestlé USA has announced a voluntary recall of four specific frozen pizzas for possible contamination by what the press release describes as "fragments of clear plastic."
- Fazio's Meatballs Recalled for Listeria Risk
Specifically, Nestlé has recalled specific production codes of its California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White pizza, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce pizza, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/White Pizza.
The production codes recalled are as follows:
- California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White pizza: 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951
- California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce: 3059525952
- DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken: 3057525922 and 3058525921
- DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/White Pizza: 3068525951