Adrenaline Boost: Favorite Songs for Getting Shit Done
We also asked LockerDome CEO Gabe Lozano to walk us through his eclectic Grooveshark and Pandora playlists -- something he doesn't get to do in most interviews. Lozano's musical preferences encompass pop, hip-hop, Christian and '90s alternative, all of which aid his eighteen-hour work days and his running regimen. "Certain songs literally get me in the zone to be productive," Lozano says.
As he considered the previous situational questions, Lozano brought up the following artists and songs while also talking about his college days, karaoke, road trips and LockerDome all-nighters.
- "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
- "Respirator" by Flo Rida ("My favorite song currently.")
- "Simple Man"
- "Ghetto Gospel" by Tupac Shakur ("This should be Yadi's at-bat music.")
- "Bagpipes from Baghdad" by Eminem
- "Wanna Be a Baller" by Lil' Troy
- The Offspring
- Ryan Adams
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- John Mayer ("I listened to him obsessively for a year.")
- Tupac Shakur ("One of my first cds I bought with own money was Tupac. Dad found it and popped one in. The words aren't exactly clean, so when he asked 'Why is this Tupac saying "mother-f" all the time?' I was so embarrassed.")
- Mariah Carey
- Counting Crows
- Chapter 6
- Tori Amos
- Katy Perry ("That should be one I'm embarrassed about.")
- Black Eyed Peas ("That was a LONG time ago.")
- Green Day
- R. Kelly