Last Shot: The Postal Service Delivers a Much Needed Boost
While I didn't need to go to two nights in a row, I figured this could literally be my last shot and soldiered on to the second night. I had felt fine for most of the day. As the evening progressed, though, I could tell that my energy level was decreasing and pain level was rising. It was so bad at one point that I contemplated leaving after shooting the opener, Divine Fits. It took an intense amount of fortitude, but I managed to successfully shoot three songs of the Postal Service and hurried home to take some more pain medications.
It is difficult to mentally want to accomplish things that your body can barely handle. My stubbornness can be probably considered recklessness, but I'm trying to accomplish as much as I can without saying that cancer held me back. Listening to the Postal Service brings back a lot of good memories of when I was healthy and represented a good time in my life. My need to see these shows is a reflection of how bad I want those good times back.
- Last Shot: A Concert Photographer's Battle With Cancer
- Last Shot: Helplessness Blues at a Fleet Foxes Concert
- Last Shot: Chemical Warfare Takes Its Toll
- Last Shot: Photographing Coachella with Cancer is Like Running an Ultramarathon
- Last Shot: Time Is Running Out
- Last Shot: Chemotherapy Leaves Me Seeing "Stars" With Hum
- Last Shot: Battling Cancer to Shoot the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Last Shot: Telling Your Friends You Have Cancer
- Last Shot: The Time Juliana Hatfield Made Me Forget I Have Cancer
- Last Shot: The Difficulty Of Updating Friends About My Health
- Last Shot: The Roller Coaster of Cancer
- Last Shot: Working a Steady Job While Fighting Cancer
- Last Shot: Tumor Levels On the Rise